Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:34:32 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Child <child@child.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel compile fail at load

On Friday, 22 September 2000 at 22:13:38 -0700, Child wrote:
> exception.o: file not recognized: File truncated
> *** Error code 1
>

> anyone give me an idea what this means?
> config file included below

We don't need that.

It looks like you have had some kind of breakage while building a
kernel; maybe something died in the middle, and you restarted.  As a
result, you have an invalid object file.  Remove it and start again;
you may run into further problems, but probably you'll be OK.  To be
really sure, do a make clean followed by a make.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.