Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:30:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        delphij@delphij.net, delphij@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Why not move kernel MD code to sys/arch/?

In message: <a78074950511130858n73f50708jabfbb18fda1af84c@mail.gmail.com>
            Xin LI <delphij@gmail.com> writes:
: Is there any reason that we have sys/i386 and not sys/arch/i386?  I
: think the latter is a lot cleaner (and libpthread, etc. already has
: their arch/[arch] directory on the other hand).

This discussion is 10 years too late.  There would be a huge amount of
repo-churn that would happen.  Also, the inevitible bikeshed happens
about totally reorganizing the kernel, which inevitably ends
inconclusively.

I'd personally love to see it, but it would be extremely disruptive.

Warner