Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:22:56 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Eric Thornton" <ewthorn2@eos.ncsu.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: port problems

> baffled, i rm -rf'd the
> /usr/ports dir and installed the collection right off the CD. immedatly
all
> the ports that gave me problems compiled with no errors. a few days later
> re-cvsuped the latest ports again and now cannot get realplayer, lobster,
> kdelibs 1.1.2, or even APSfilter to compile! Surely apsfilter should
compile,
> but it stops in the ghostscript dependency. Anyone have any ideas what, if
> anything im doing wrong here?

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

With regards to apsfilter, I believe there is a known problems with the
ghostscript port.

If you could post to the list the dependencies that fail when you're
attempting to build the list of ports you mention above, perhaps someone
here could track down the problem.

--
Matt Emmerton