Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:50:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Sm0ke <sm0ke@mindspring.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Operating system FreeBSD

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Sm0ke wrote:

>Hello, I'm writing a Research Paper on some type of Operating system and I
>hose to write it on FreeBSD, now I was wondering What type of Filing system
>it uses, like DOS uses a Fat or Fat32 filing system. Could You please answer
>that question for me ?? (Or write my paper for me, that would be GREAT :)
>j/k :P But Please send me mail back stating what type of filing system it
>has.

I uses the Berkely Fast File System. You can read more about this in the
BSD 4.4 Manuals. There is a paper in the back of one of these manuals with
gory detail about the file system. I think it was the Programmers Manual
but I do not recall.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/