Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 15:50:00 -0400
From:      "Paul F. Werkowski" <pw@snoopy.mv.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEC 6235CD Notebook

I am trying install FreeBSD on subject hardware and
having a bit of a problem getting going. I can boot
the 2.1.6 boot floppy and all seems well until I
get into the partition editor -- well not really all
well as there seems to be some "wd3" errors on the
F2 screen. The partition editor doesn't seem to get
the bios geometry right (supposedly 2796/16/63)
although it lets me change it. Then when I use C
to create a partition a menu pops up wanting the
partition type and the box is totally dead at that point.

Is this NEC a no-win? The IDE controller is listed as
OPTI Dual PCI.

Paul Werkowski
pw@snoopy.mv.com