Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:09:52 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <phascolarctos@protonmail.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg-plist and stage directory for new port

> Hi,
>
> In my quest for creating a new port (pgadmin4) I'm having a problem with
> creating a working pkg-plist. Seems to me that at least the created binar=
> should be in the pkg-plist file, in my case "bin/pgAdmin4". But when I do
> that, make check-plist results in an error:
>
> =3D=3D=3D> Checking for items in pkg-plist which are not in STAGEDIR
> Error: Missing: bin/pgAdmin4
> =3D=3D=3D> Error: Plist issues found.
>
> *** Error code 1
>
> Which is correct because the /stage directory is empty. I could remove th=
> bin/pgAdmin4 line from the pkg-plist file but that doesn't seem right to
> me because then the created binary isn't installed at all I guess. Correc=
> thing imo would be that the created binary is copied to the
> /stage/usr/local/bin directory.
>
> So biggest question is why is the /stage directory still empty?

Show us your makefile please.

When I created my first port, I remember I had some difficulty to
understand staging: imho it needs to be explained better in the documentati=
on.
Are you aware of the variable ${STAGEDIR}? You probably need to add
to your makefile some lines similar to the followings:

do-install:
   ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/??/pgAdmin4 ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin

Lorenzo Salvadore.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?_rTKdZNUI1ulLacZQn9a0ZgOA6w8IlUrUkgb96rER7AyW5LPetvQZQQWYDjRWNFRxZrT1qkzM-v76wX-7q4yOJ4cAu6G3EcLkSYqHCBM9kQ=>