Date:      Mon,  2 Dec 2002 17:57:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chatchawan Wongsiriprasert <cws-freebsd-stable@hotel-accommodation.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Start deamon by cron

:: Does anyone have any experience start daemon process from cron?.
::
:: I tried to stop  my slave MySQL server every midnight for backup and the
:: restart the server after backup finished.

>> This doesn't address your problem directly, but you could use the mysqldump
>> utility to do backups without having to take your DB down....

Yes, mysqldump may be the solution but I have a problem with mysqldump.
mysqldump requires a user/password which I don't want to put in the script.

Regards,
Chatchawan Wongsiriprasert