Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 07:23:14 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Devon Young" <foreignshores@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Xfree86 4.0.1 support soon?

you could wait for it to be included, but i think you may be waiting
for awhile. 3.3.6 is quite stable. 4.0 has had some security issues
since it's release. i've got it behind another machine on a private
network, so i run it without worries. i would assume you could as well
being on a laptop. you should consider installing it from ports if you
need it that bad. why wait for a cd? =]
-Otter
(happy user of XFreee86 4.0.1_3)