Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeremy Karlson <karlj000@unbc.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IDE Burner Support

My old SCSI burner finally blew up, so I'm looking for a new toy.

Specifically, I'm looking at the Sony CRX-175E.  The FreeBSD IDE Burner
page (at http://www.freebsd.dk/ata/) doesn't specifically mention this
unit, but it does mention ones that have "similar" model numbers.  (I know
that doesn't mean much, but it is encouraging.)

Does anyone have any comments or information on whether or not this unit
works with FreeBSD?

Thanks,

--

Jeremy

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
		-- Isaac Asimov