Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:47:07 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Brian Henning <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Mat Branyon <mbranyon@motion-labs.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: samba swat

Brian Henning wrote:
> Mat,
>
> that makes sense...
> will swat give me the ability to make changes to the smb.conf file?
> i want to make it so the users on the machine can access shares  with out
> using a domain controller...
> is that even possible? can i do that is swat?
>
> thanks,
> brian

You need to add some root users in your smb.conf like
[global]
	admin users = user1,user2,user3

If you use SERVER passwords, the users must be well known on the server
and operate on samba as root. If the exists locally on the machine, they
will operate in samba as root.

Login is like every time: user=user, password=password

Jens

>>>so i don't understand why it doesn't work...
>>>is there something i have to change in a config file to get logged in?
>>>

>>>thanks,
>>>
>>>brian

>>>with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                   gggg    06112 Halle
                                  g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/