Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:13:54 +1030
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Jeric <jeric@tiger.korea.ac.kr>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B8=F0=B9=D9=C0=CF_FreeBSD?= <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Recommended notebook for FreeBSD 4.4?

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:24:07PM +0900, Jeric wrote:

> Now I try to buy some notebook, but
> which one is good at FreeBSD?

I've just bought a Toshiba 3110CT. It's really well supported,
everything from the 10/100 Intel Ethernet controller to the cool
pop-out LT WinModem[1]. I'm very happy with it.

I know the IBM 600 series is also well supported. Greg Lehey's got a
nice IBM (a T22 I think) that runs FreeBSD well.

> I prefer Sony VAIO R505 series
> and Compaq series

Compaq's are bad. May God have mercy on your wallet if the need ever
arises to replace a faulty part.

   - andrew

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane