Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 02:13:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.org (Jordan K. Hubbard), hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: scsi(1) and WORM drives..

> Ship it here and I'll send it back working...

Ack!  If only I could - these babies ain't cheap, and we use ours
*constantly*.  With or without having to use DOS, this writer is
pretty critical to us.  We have a new quad-speed burner that really
hasn't come up to snuff yet and maybe we can do something with it, but
the main Phillips unit is our Old Trusty and we'd be hosed without it.

> You can't do this, though it may make sense to change the unknown driver
> to support read and write translating over to regular read and write.
> That should work for both processor type and WORM devices.

That would be nice..  Hint hint.. :)

> This should send 512 bytes of data read from stdin to block 17:
>
> scsi -f /dev/uk0 -c "2A 0 i4 0 i2 0" 17 -o 512 -

Hmmmmmm.  Would this work for a really LARGE count?  I shall try this
when I get in to work!

> If you want to send it here I'll send it back tested.  You pick up
> the shipping charges and supply the materials that I need.  If you need
> me to spend full time on it for a few days we'll have to talk money.

Hmmmm.  Maybe we should talk about flying YOU out.. :-)

Let me play with this a little bit and I'll get back to you!
Thanks..

					Jordan