Date:      Thu, 02 Feb 1995 01:53:00 -0800
From:      rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles)
To:        Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>, "'.freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Setting up a modem

I've actually made modifications to the PPPUp, PPPDown, and PPPTest
scripts, as well as to the Kermit.Dial and Kermit.HUp files that I
obtained from the FAQ on PPP -- I'll be happy to clean them up with
a few comments and post them.

The information in the FAQ on ppp (see the FAQ directory on the CD-ROM)
is _VERY_ good, that alone should get you up and running...

One sad point is that the generic distribution kernel was not
compiled with ppp (I know, size) -- that means your first task will
be to build a new one...

At 03:24 PM 2/1/95 PST, Plyaskin Sergey wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have FreeBSD 2.0-950112-SNAP running on a 486DX33 PC connected to
>Internet. Now, I would like to set up a modem to handle remote connections
>via PPP. The modem is installed on COM2 port (sio1) and is being detected
>during the boot process. What should I do next? Can someone please post the
>step-by-step procedure for setting up a modem? Or, just tell me where I can
>find this information.
>Thnaks a bunch in advance.
>
>Serge     splyaski@cmp.com

// Roger L Soles