Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:14:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        Barry Soben <bsoben@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard Drive Partitioning

> I couldn't quite figure out whether I'm best off just running FIPS
> or using Partition Magic to set those 400 megs to some sort of file system..
> (Not sure which one!)  Help!
>
> Thanks.

I am very happy with Partition Magic.  This machine is running off of
1/2 of a 2Gig SCSI HD partitioned with PM.  No problems.  I heard FIPS
can make the DOS side of the partition unstable, but this is something
I remember from this list so it could be wrong.  I would recommend
PM.
Just shring your 1000 to 600 and install FBSD.  You should be able
to select the 400meg partition.
later