Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:46:52 +0100
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        fredy@elitenet.com.br
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it possible? What do I need?

	Please post this sort of question in -questions, not -hackers.

fredy writes:
> I was think to put 1 computer running FreeBSD(complete config.) and more
> 5 stations, wich does not have Hard disk neither floppy disk, only 8 mb
> ram and 1 network board with boot remote, so I want using boot remote
> the computer load the kernel on the main computer and after using Telnet
> or anything like access the main computer. Is it possible?

	Yes, there is a section in the HandBook for running diskless:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook206.html#462

	Also, check the list archives
	(http://www.freebsd.org/search.html#mailinglists) for such
	topics -- this kind of setup was discussed many times, with
	many good suggestions (i.e.: sharing /, /usr, etc...).

	Also look in /sys/i386/boot/{bios|net|dos}boot.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
     «Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead