Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:53:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <tech@vikrant.tznet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/Procmail/Virus

Some time in the recent past Scott Pilz scribbled:

>        Hopefully a simple question.
>
>        Our setup:
>
> ProcMail/QPopper/Sendmail/BSD 4.5-Release
>
>        Around 10k users on our mail server, heavy smtp/pop3 traffic on
> daily basis, 24/7.
>
>        I need to implement "good" virus filters for incoming email on
> only selected (those that pay) mailboxes. I have looked long and hard
> for a program to do this - nearly all of them only support
> "global" configurations, or a replacement to procmail altogether (which
> I cannot do).
>
>        For those customers that subscribe, I'd like to simply modify
> their .procmailrc and include the pass-thru to the virus scanner.. Any
> package that anyone uses/heard of that does this the way I want it to
> work?
>
>        I find it hard to believe that people like Postini can do this
>        on
> a per-user-level yet there are no good packages available for BSD.
>
> 	Cheers,
> Scott

I would imagine that AmaVis could be modified to do what you are requesting.

--
Chris

"I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it!"
     -- Tom Galloway with apologies to Voltaire

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2648972