Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:25:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [im@witzend.nu: [spamtools] ORBS is going away]

> It looks like ORBS is having some real problems.  It would really
> be shameful if one telco was allowed to punish the entire net...

The ORBS people are dweebs who have no clue about running services
like this - my first contact with them was to receive 6 (or more)
copies of an automated message which wasn't even sent to the proper
parties (it was spamming all likely admin addresses).  I believe
freebsd.org and cdrom.com are (were) still blocked by them based on an
open relay which has long since been shut.  As far as I'm concerned,
their ISP had the right idea and GOOD RIDDANCE to "the dorkslayers."
Leave spam blocking organizational efforts to those who are halfway
competent or risk tarnishing the reputation of the whole movement, I
say.

- Jordan