Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:14:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        allanchou@ms2.url.com.tw, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD LAN driver development

In article <local.mail.freebsd-hackers/38462888.1A7E465@ms2.url.com.tw> you write:
>I am DAVICOM Semiconductor, Inc. software engineer,
>our company want to develop the FreeBSD driver for
>our DM9102 LAN chip, and I have found some LAN cards
>FreeBSD driver code at web site http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul.
>
>The following are my problems, can you reply them for me?
>
>1. Can I use the LAN cards FreeBSD driver code at web site
>    http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul to develop our device driver ?

Yes.  You can take all the code there and use it as a base to
develop your own driver.

>2. How can I upload our FreeBSD driver to the web site
>    http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul after our FreeBSd driver
>    is ready?

After your driver is done, you can either:

	1. put it up on your own website, and announce it here, or
	2. submit the code for inclusion in FreeBSD.  You do this
	   either by submitting a PR, or sending the code to a
	   FreeBSD committer for review.

For assistance with the driver, you may want to contact Bill Paul,
<wpaul@freebsd.org>.  As a matter of fact, I believe that he has
already written a driver for the Davicom DM9102 chip already, but
only for -current.  <http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/Davicom/4.0/>.
--
Jonathan