Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:32:52 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Quakeworld and FreeBSD

In the last episode (Nov 21), Dean Hollister said:
> I was able to install the BSDI binaries ok, but I have no idea on how
> to setup the server. Any suggestions?

The easiest way is to install Quake on a windows machine, then copy it
to your unix box.  Then put the qwsv BSD/OS binary in the quake
directory.  If you decide to compile your own QuakeC qwprogs.dat, it
goes in quake/qw/qwprogs.dat.

For more QW server-related information, go to www.quakeworld.net, and
hit the "QuakeWorld" link in the top frame.  It'll explain how to set
up your server.cfg file and tell you what master servers you can
register with.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com
	dan.emsphone.com:27500 - Creeper CTF QW