Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:47:59 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        dennisp@roskildebc.dk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pentium II 266mhz

Dennis Petersen asks:

> Hey
>
> i would like to know if i can install freebsd on a Pentium II 266mhz
> before i buy one.

Only if the store you purchase from will let you.  :-)

Many years ago I slapped a copy of Linux on a 486DX33 in the store
before I would buy it.

But if your question was, "Will FreeBSD work on a Pentium II?", can't
say that I've tried it myself but know of absolutely no reason why it
wouldn't. And I'm sure we'd hear lots of cries of anguish of P-II users
on these lists if it didn't work. Something like the early AMD K6 cries
of pain.

Only gotcha re: Pentium-II I've heard of is the 512M RAM limit. Or is
that a limit of 512M RAM that's cachable?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net