Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 19:07:31 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        "John W. Rasins" <jrasins@interramp.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help!!!

> >Could you please just give me the Ftp dir of theFreebsd distrubatable
> >files? For example ftp.freebsd.com\....\.....\.....
> >Please help.
>
> This may look unusual, but it takes in to consideration the links:
>
> /.16/FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE

...but doesn't take into consideration that .16 is only a temporary
mount point and the disk in question will probably be mounted somewhere
totally different next time.

You shouldn't need to know what's linked to what - the whole point
of using links here is so that the admins can move things around
without the users having to update their bookmarks every time they
visit the site.

If your FTP client can't cope with links, throw it away and get hold
of a proper one! :-)