Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:06:33 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Richard Collyer" <richard@firebadger.net>
To:        "Igor Robul" <igorr@speechpro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using 3ware OCE and FreeBSD

On Sat, July 29, 2006 8:27 pm, Igor Robul wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 09:56:25PM +0100, Richard Collyer wrote:
>>
>> Now that all seems easy enough however wouldn't using OCE change the
>> partition size (obviously) leading to the partition needing to be
>> reformatted?
> I have not used it myself but there is "growfs" utility in base FreeBSD.
> Look at growfs(8)

Hello,

I've installed the 3ware card ok and already ran out of space on it (3x
250Gb in Raid 5). About to try the OCE thing which I will use growfs(8)
for.

I may even try it on some spare 80gb satas I have lying around to see if
it works prior to trashing hundreds ogf gigs of data.

Cheers
Richard

--
Richard Collyer