Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:56:59 +0200
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootdisk and still boot from disk ?

I feel such a newbie again after 4 years of extensive FreeBSD usage, but
I never have been in a situation before where I needed to do this:

I wonder what setting I have to change in the FreeBSD bootloader prompt
to use the kernel which resides on the floppy to boot my actual system.

I tried setting the rootdevice to something that should be my disk, but
it doesn't seem to work. This is a faily basic question so I hope no
additional information is needed about my environment.

Thanks for your time ;)
 -Stephan

--
Stephan van Beerschoten [SVB21-RIPE]       stephanb@whacky.net
  PGP fingerprint:  4557 9761 B212 FB4C  778D 3529 C42A 2D27