Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:43:47 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        John Saunders <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another compile error

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 11:07:06AM +1000, John Saunders wrote:
> > I seem to have bad luck with the ´fresh´ code I got from ftp.sunet.se. Now
> it
> > managed to compile 2 ˝ hour. Then this message came:
>

> How did you get it to compile? Did you update the entire source using
> cvsup, or just download the mkfs.c file?

Actually, since the files where identical except from three lines using
ts_time instead of tv_time (or whatever it was now, I simply changed the code
to the right value.

> > make: don't know how to make named.boot.cache. Stop
>

> That file doesn't exist on a current system, it's now called
> /etc/namedb/named.boot instead. It sounds like your source is
> still bad.
>
> > Anyone have any ideas? I cannot get the code again. It took me 21 hours
> with
> > ISDN 64kbit/s
>

> It should only take about 15 minutes to update the source you have
> using cvsup.
>
> Create a file and put these lines in it...

Yes, but I told you my machine is behind a firewall, so I can't cvsup.
Otherwise I would have done that a long time ago. No one would be more happy
than me these days if I could use cvsup. I'll give it all up and get the
compiled sources from releng22.freebsd.org instead.

--
regards, Gunnar
email: flygt@sr.se