Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:05:41 -0700
From:      Peter van der Linden <pvdl@afu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to install on laptop? video issue?

I want to install FreeBSD 5.4 onto a partition on my 1 year old HP
laptop.

I've done a lot of Linux distro installs, and sometimes I need to give
the installer a hint about the graphics card,
typically something  like:

boot: linux vga=771

When I try the FreeBSD installer, the screen goes blank about 5 seconds
after it starts booting from the CD, typically at the point where it
switches to X Window in a Linux install.

Is there a similar hint I can give FreeBSD about the type of graphics
to use?  What are the syntax and choices?
I have googled for this without success.  Thanks,

Peter