Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:43:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ivan Fetch <ifetch@cs.du.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Section numberings not present in FTP based documentation?

Hello,
   I was wondering why there are nice chapter and section numberings
(chapter 1: 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, Etc) in the on-line version of the handbook,
but not in the files which can be had from the FreeBSD ftp site
(/pub/FreeBSD/doc)?  I would like to produce sgml documentation with the
same nice section numbering (both in table of contents and to the left of
the section's title).  It does not seem like docbook 3.1 and the
stilesheets do this by default <?>.

Working towards being a contributor,
Ivan Fetch.