Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:09:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marcel Stangenberger <marcel@hayholt.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Gannater_J=E1nos?= <gannater@freemail.hu>
Cc:        BSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Postfix (fwd)

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, [ISO-8859-2] Gannater J=E1nos wrote:

> > > I use postfix as my default MTA.
> > > I can send E-mails with Outlook (via SMTP) to the users in my
> > computer,
> > > but not to the outdside world, with another domain.
> > > How can I send e-mails to another domain?
> >
> > I use Postfix but I'm would like to know a bit more about the issues
> > you are having sending mail out. As long as you've correctly
> > configured you main.cf file (located in /etc/postfix) to recognize
> > your domain as a authorized domain for mail you should be fine. Also
> > make sure you have a POP3 daemon running in /etc/inetd.conf so
> that
> > you can retrieve mail.
> > I have been using Postfix for about 3 years and it's by far the
> > easiest MTAs to configure. I hope this information helps you. But if
> > not please feel free to reply.
> I heared qmail is the easiest one. :)))
> Never mind about that.
> "By default, the Postfix SMTP server will accept mail only from or to the
> local network or domain"--from postfix.org
> And I would like to accept from another domain. So if I am in Mexico or
> France I can send and E-mail without modifing my setup files.
> My main.cf is the default one. Only some arguements are modified:
> myhostname, that don't affect the smtp server?
> How can I make my SMTP work this way? Of course with some security.

you can do this by adding the needed ip's to the $mynetworks setting in
de
main.cf

Altho i do want to remind you to watch what you add, if you enter the IP
wrong or add complete ranges you might end up beeing listed as an
open-relay and your mail will be denied by many mailservers. It would
probably be easier to setup a webmail service.

Marcel