Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:39:25 +1200
From:      Mike Muir <mmuir@es.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   followup to apm problems.

Ive been following the apm problems and changes in apm threads in hope
that I would fix the problems that I too am having.

I am using the latest sources for apm, apmconf and apmd, as well as the
kernel. (as of 23/8/99, NZST, which is yesterday evening)

dmesg is:

apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
apm: APM BIOS version 0102
apm: Code16 0xc00f0000, Data 0xc00fdfa0
apm: Code entry 0x00008010, Idling CPU enabled, Management enabled
apm: CS_limit=0xffff, DS_limit=0xffff
apm: Engaged control enabled
apm: found APM BIOS v1.2, connected at v1.2
apm: Slow Idling CPU enabled
Add hook "default suspend"
Add hook "default resume"
---and then later on
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
Add hook "PS/2 mouse"

after going 'apmconf -e'
apm shows:

APM version: 1.2
APM Managment: Enabled
AC Line status: on-line
 <blah blah stuff about batteries which i dont have - desktop computer>
Resume timer: disabled
Resume on ring indicator: enabled
APM Capacities:
        global standby state
        global suspend state
        resume timer from standby
        resume timer from suspend

----
'apm -Z' for standby jumps into standby mode for like.. an instant, then
comes right back out (while playing mp3)

dmesg:

APM ioctl: cmd = 0x2000500c
Received APM Event: PMEV_STANDBYRESUME
Execute APM hook "default resume."
resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:00)
Execute APM hook "PS/2 mouse."

'zzz' or 'apm -z' for suspend jumps into suspend mode, and just the same
way, comes right back out (while playing mp3s again)

dmesg:

APM ioctl: cmd = 0x20005001
Execute APM hook "default suspend."
Received APM Event: PMEV_NORMRESUME
Execute APM hook "default resume."
resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:01)
Execute APM hook "PS/2 mouse."

it should be noted that the cpu fan does turn off momentarily for both
of these events, and the mp3 that is playing stops, then starts up again
where it left off.
Even without playing anything through the sound device, it does the same
thing.
If i leave the thing on with no activity, while running apmd, it goes
into suspend or standby (depending on the timers set in the bios) every
now and again, but jumps back out as soon as it does.
Also, all the PM timer interrupts are disabled.

Motherboard is an Abit BH-6

cheers,
mike.