Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:33:32 -0700
From:      =?unknown-8bit?Q?$=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /stand (again) puzzle

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

Hello,

Di Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:27:33PM +0200 da dick hoogendijk niv=EEsand:
> I'm so puzzled that I did it all over again last night:
> # shutdown now
> # cd /usr/obj
> # chflags -R noschg *

  Why are you messing with "chflags"?  You really shouldn't even
  have to touch that, in fact, I'm betting this is precisely one
  of the things that's causing a problem for you; try *without*
  the "chflags".

> # rm -rf *
> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildworld
> # skip new kernel; I have a 4.8 one already
> # make installworld
> # skip mergemaster; did run it last time to update /etc
> # *** notice this: ***
> # cd /usr/src/release/sysinstall
> # make all install

  [...snip...]

> I really have NO IDEA whatsoever how to get a "fresh" /stand directory
> with not only sysinstall refreshed, but all other "2175016 Oct 9" things
> too. What am I missing???

  Try updating again.
  cd /usr/src ; make update

  then...
  make buildworld ... make installworld
  make-your-KERNEL // just in case
  reboot.

--$=EAr=EAciya Kurdistan=EE
| Welat xwe ava nake, dest bidin hevdu, pist nedin tu dijmin=EE  |
|   Riya azadiy=EA ne h=EAsan e, h=EAviya xwe bernedin, dema me      |
|     n=EAz=EEk e.                                                 |
| Hevalt=EE bi kes=EAn du r=FB nekin, hevalt=EE bi hevdu ra bikin      |
|   Ne ji hevaltiya wan kes=EAn p=EAxwas =FB r=FB dir=EAj, ne bi wan     |
|     kes=EAn xw=EEnperest, ne j=EE ji y=EAn din.                      |
|                                   -$=EAr=EAciya Kurdistan=EE       |
  translation provided on request: sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--