Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:38:14 -0400
From:      Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk@ncf.ca>
To:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   firefox-13.0.1,1, clang & Hotmail

Hi all,

I have access to two FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386 boxes. Both have up-to-
date ports.

I ran into an unusual problem. On one box, I could not read my Hotmail
e-mails in firefox. On the other box, I could. (On both boxes I could see
my Hotmail inbox. however, when clicking on an e-mail one box would
have the upper and lower headers (reply, forward, etc.) immediately
following one another and the other would display the actual
message.)

I did some digging, and after a while, I found the difference. On one box
I had built firefox using clang. On the other box I used gcc.

The gcc-built firefox works properly with Hotmail. The clang one does
not.

I was able to confirm this by uninstalling the working firefox and
rebuilding with clang. The problem was perfectly reproduced.
Reinstalling the gcc-built firefox (I had made a backup package) fixed
the problem.

I have no idea how to get more detailed information for you, but if
someone can give me some directions I'd be happy to help further.

Cheers,
DMK