Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:06:27 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        wtp@mud.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as router

Someone, quite probably Krzysztof Stryjek, once wrote:
>I was searching with google, but I was not able to find. I'm looking for
>HOWTO or other docs, how to build FreeBSD box as router. My network is:
>
>+------+       +----------------+
>|      |--IP1--|                |---- Firm1
>| inet |       | FreeBSD router |
>|      |--IP2--|                |---- Firm2
>+------+       +----------------+
>
>Well, IP1 is IP number from one ISP, and IP2 from other. Idea is to have a
>spare connection, when one of them will be broken.
>
>What I need, is how to configure the kernel, /etc/rc.conf, some rules for
>ipfw, natd(?).

You'll find a fair deal about what you want in the following section of
the handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/advanced-networking.html

I think the only thing it leaves out is ipfw rules, but I've seen them
somewhere too.  Check the archives for -security maybe?

Kevin
--
kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk