Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:22:12 -0800
From:      Stephen Wynne <stevemw@northwest.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Union Filesystem Crash

I tried union mounting 2.2.5-RELEASE cdrom #3's CVS-Repository directory
under /CVS, touching, and removing a file. I crashed. I tried this again
from the console, and crashed again.

The error message on my console was something like

    ufs_lock: recursive lock not expected ...

I'm on a 2.2.5-RELEASE system cvsup'ed to 2.2-STABLE yesterday
evening. I'm on an PCI, ASUS-based, P133. The CDROM in question
appears at bootup as:

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <FX810T4/a03>, removable, intr, dma, iordis

I'm just wondering now if my idea to use my CDROM as a basis for
future CVS operations even made sense :-)

Steve