Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:48:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Contacting port maintainers (was Re: ports/20737: audio/cdrdao ...)

Ade Lovett writes:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 07:18:37PM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Nope. I thought submitting a ports pr would cause that to eventually
> > happen.
> That's not how it works, I'm afraid, except in the case of those
> ports that have a maintainer set to "ports@FreeBSD.org" (ie: no-one)
>
> See http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html

It's not at all clear that that applies to bugs in the port, as
opposed to the port being out of date. In fact, I've gotten pretty
good responses on the pr's for such in the past. Possibly I've been
lucky.

However, since you didn't say you had done so, I sent a note to the
maintainer of the cdrdao port asking him about this.

	Thanx,
	<mike