Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 17:37:38 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu (-Vince-)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

-Vince- stands accused of saying:
> > Depends on what you're doing, as far as I can tell.  I'll have a clearer
> > picture when the new box (P100) comes in, and I can get some comparative
> > numbers against the low-end (-66) alphas around here.
>
> 	Hmmm, okay... I meant a Alpha 275Mhz compared to a P5-90...

There are a few of those around here too, but it's kinda hard to get
realistic number off them, as they're rather busy most of the time.

> 	I know what you mean but memory is still limited to 256 megs or
> less so there is no way you can have 1 gig of physical ram I think...

On what?  No reason why you can't have several GB of physical memory
if you happen to want it.  There may not be any Intel PCI chipsets
that support it (yet), but there's no hard law-of-physics limit
that applies there; there are certainly plenty of GB+ memory
machines kicking around.