Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:51:37 +0000
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel: uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished

Hi,

On a 12.0-BETA2 system, am seeing lots of this in /var/log/messages:

uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished
uhub_reattach_port: giving up port reset - device vanished

last message repeated 496 times

There's only two things usb on this machine, a usb3 pci card (which has
nothing plugged into it) and a usb2 wireless key plugged into the usb
system built into the motherboard. It's detected as run0. The device
works fine, doesn't drop packets.

How can I debug this? Should I upgrade to 12-PRERELEASE (or whatever the
latest is) first?

thanks,
--
J.