Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 15:05:55 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, users@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: * GUS PnP Pro + SNAP 960612 + SOYO - please help *

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > I have two kind of machines one with MicroStar P120 PCI motherboard one
> > with SOYO P150 PCI Motherboard.
> >
> > The Amancio's gus pnp driver 3 works fine in MicroStar, but in SOYO it is
> > blocking somehow the Ethernet cards (Both tested: SMC Elite and 3COM
> > Etherlink III)
> >
> > Has someone got GUS PnP Pro + guspnp3 running? In SOYO Motherboard. If has
> > how.
> >
> > Please help. I have 6 machines and 6 GUS PnP Pro cards and I cannot get
> > them to work together.
>
> Does the motherboard actually have PnP BIOS?

Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A
Copyright Award Software Inc

> The ethernet cards must be identified to the PnP BIOS as well so that
> their address assignments aren't conflicted.  A Real(tm) PnP BIOS
> will have a CMOS setup that lets you locate state cards in the
> interference graph so the PnP assignments will not conflict.

In my test today:

SMC irq is 10, port is 300, iomem is cc000
GUS irq is 11, port is 220, dma is now 5,7 (1,3 tested also)

In kernel I have

device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10  iomem 0xcc000 vector edintr
controller      snd0
device gus0 at isa? vector gusintr

If gus is in the box I am getting    ed0 timeout  if I take gus out ed0
works OK.

So there must be some other pci card conflicting with ed0 when gus is in.

* Ah. Now it works. I did change ed0 to irq 3 port 280 iomem d0000 *

But I understand this at all ...

In CMOS in PCI Configuration Setup:

PnP BIOS Autoconfig enabled
Slot1 using INT#: AUTO