Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:36:04 -0500
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        "Jason" <jasonc@concentric.net>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Downloading install files

Jason,
	Go to www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html .
There you can read how to get the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp
images along with fdimage.exe to create the two disk
bootable set..which will (once configured) let you install
over the net.  Be sure to read all the instructions first
and post any questions you may have.

Michael G.

--Original Message Text---
From: Jason
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 04:24:41 -0500

I was searching around for a place to download the latest
version of FreeBSD.  I have come across
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ but nothing in there
seems to make any sense.  lots of files and folders but
none of it looks like an install program.  I am sure this
is a whole new OS and I just dont know what a BSD install
looks like.  To me everything in there docs or
ports....what I want is the main program.  Better yet an
ISO of the original CD if thats available.

Can anyone help?  I do not have the money to buy this
program on CDROM.  I was told it is free download.  I see
an install direct from FTP option and dont know how that is
possible since the computer to install it on will not have
internet access due to modem capatibility problems.