Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:58:57 -0500
From:      "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't start xdm on boot ???

Yes, I did...same results, but I did have an error in /etc/ttys.  I
obviously wasn't paying enough attention to your instructions and didn't
change "off" to "on" for ttyv8.  When I did, xdm came up on boot
prompting me for a login username and password.  When I entered one, it
looked like KDE was going to start, but for some reason, it didn't.
Instead, xdm looped back to the login again.  No matter how many or
which user names I typed in, it take my input and loops back to another
blank login screen. Any ideas?  We're getting further down the road.

Mark