Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:12:08 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI card recommendations

Andrew writes:

> Could be that your motherboard didn't live up
> to the PCI spec that the card was designed for.
> Moot point now.

Agreed.  I don't know or care.  I just replaced it with a different SCSI
adapter.

> Anything produced by human hands on a production
> line is prone to any number of failure modes.
> Nothing is perfect.

Maybe, but the most probable explanation is a hardware mismatch.

> I never saw an questions regarding that card.

I believe I asked on the SCSI list, but I'm not sure.  My domain was sent into
the Twilight Zone by my registrar for a few days, and I was automatically
dropped from most of my mailing lists.

> You'll find a use for it somewhere.

Someday, perhaps.  It's true that I've been able to recycle my old HP DAT drive,
which had been sitting in a box for nearly three years.  I haven't tried hooking
it up yet, however.  I'll have to do that soon, so that I can start taking some
backups.