Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:01:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        cc@137.org, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: incorrect irqs with pci devices

> > reaching

> The irq 11 you saw in the system report (care to share with us what kind of
> report that was) must be for the PIC compatible mode. When the IO APIC is
> in the symmetric I/O mode, the interrupt should be routed through pin #17
> of the IO APIC (that is if mptable is correct). If the interrupt was still
> routed to pin #11, then your mptable (BIOS) must be broken. Try to find out
> if there is a BIOS update available for your motherboard. As far as I can
> tell, our code is correct.
>
> -lq

Sorry, I have to correct my own diagnosis, I didn't read your report carefully
enough. It looked as if your AMI raid controller comes with a PCI-to-PCI
bridge, is that right? It is interesting to see the controller was probed
as on pci0, not behind the bridge on pci1. I recall there're problems with
SMP motherboards and PCI-to-PCI bridges, but I don't know enough to say
anything about it.

-lq