Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:19:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sound on DK440LX?

Pruned cc: back to chat.

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> > Greg should have forwarded you to the multimedia mailing list :(
>
> Good question.  I've currently been evangalizing a little on
> -questions to get people running -CURRENT to post their views on
> -CURRENT.  What do you people think?  Is that still the right thing to
> do when the question relates to multimedia (as in this case) or Emacs
> mail (as in another recent case)?

Put in a `NO' vote here.  There are times when system-specific stuff needs
to be forwarded up, but questions like ``how do I set up PPP?  I'm running
-CURRENT'' belong in -questions.  Now, if it was a known, well-announced
bug then the people deserve the tongue lashing. Don't forget that
-quesitons is our first line of support, and we'd prefer that people use
the front door unless the question obviously applies elsewhere.

I don't mind sorting mail. In Pine, I have a [b]ounce command that I can
use to throw mail to the correct list.  Other mailers mayhave it as
`redirect', but it's a handy command nonetheless.