Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 02:12:35 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

--=-8BrmJKdn0U5pUxwIkfU8

GNOME 2.26 has been merged into the ports tree.  See
http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.26/ for a list of what's
new.  On the FreeBSD front, we introduced a port of libxul 1.9 as an
alternative for Firefox 2.0 as a Gecko provider.  Almost all of the
Gecko consumers can make use of this provider by setting:
 =20
WITH_GECKO=3Dlibxul
 =20
The GNOME 2.26 port was done by ahze, kwm, marcus, and mezz with
contributions by Joseph S. Atkinson, Peter Wemm, Eric L. Chen,
Martin Matuska, Craig Butler, and Pawel Worach.  Additionally, I'd like
to thank pav for the pointyhat run.

As for upgrades, we didn't see too many issues in testing.  Of course,
I'm not sure how many testers we had this go around.  The number seems
to get smaller each release.  Stay tuned to UPDATING in case issues do
arise.

For porters, the includes system was consolidated in GNOME 2.26.  You
may see build failures saying that gnome.h cannot be found, or missing
libgnomeui symbols.  These can typically be fixed by adding the
following to the port's Makefile:

CONFIGURE_ENV=3D	CPPFLAGs=3D"`pkg-config --cflags libgnomeui-2.0`" \
		LIBS=3D"`pkg-config --libs libgnomeui-2.0`"

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome@FreeBSD.org