Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 19:39:59 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Michael Richards <miker@scifair.acadiau.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940U2W controller

Hi peoples!

Question of the day... Has anyone ever installed FreeBSD with an Adaptec
2940U2W controller? I am planning to do an install now that I have a
relatively static hardware configuration. I wanted to install 3.0-SNAP.

I tried booting with the boot floppy, but after the config section, I get
a neat little blinking cursor on the top corner of the screen. No panic,
just an old DOS style lockup...

It might be something else on my system:
2xP II 300mhz processors
Tyan Tiger II mb
196mb RAM
Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI controller
Quantum 6.4 Fireball (SCSI)
Jaz (I will be installing on a Jaz Disk)
Archive 4mm DAT
Pioneer SCSI CD-ROM
Diamond Stealth 2201XL video.

Dunno if any of this makes a difference. I read in the archives that the
adaptor is supported with CAM. Is there such a thing as a CAM boot floppy?

Thanks!

-Mike