Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 22:38:33 +0000 ()
From:      Robert Burns <rjbproc@Vir.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slip - dilemma (Can't use PPP)

We are trying to set up a remote FreeBSD system which will connect (via
modems) to an HP-UX 9.0 host. We want to establish a net link between the
two which will re-establish itself on demand and in background if the link
goes down.

The problem is that I would like to use iijppp for simplicity but the HP
machine is only configured for SLIP.

Has someone out there set up an auto connect script using slattach that
works similar to iijppp's auto feature. If any one can assist me in any
way, it would be greatly appreciated.

btw, can "chat" be used in conjunction with "slattach"?

Robert Burns (rjbproc@vir.com)
Mtl., Ca.