Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:37:57 +1100
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        Greg Rivers <gcr+freebsd-stable@tharned.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Required audit group is missing...

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:48:43PM -0600, Greg Rivers wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> >mmmm... stable... :D
> >
> >/usr/src # make installworld
> >ERROR: Required audit group is missing, see /usr/src/UPDATING.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >/usr/src # grep audit /usr/src/UPDATING
> >/usr/src #
> >
> >???
> >

> mergemaster -p  is your friend.

When I bumped into this error (I usually mergemaster after installworld,
in contravention of the UPDATING recommendation,) I went to run
mergemaster and mergemaster itself barfed, complaining about the
lack of the audit group.  Sorry, I didn't bother to make a note of
the error message.

It was easy to fix manually, but a bit weird, given the error message
and the lack of anything specific in UPDATING at the time.

--
Andrew