Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:12:18 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reporting Code Red attempts

On 08/22/01 10:32 PM, ScaryG sat at the `puter and typed:

>  lol
>
>  I live in Ontario, Canada and use the Bell High Speed Edition (DSL)
> network.
>
>  Since about 4pm today (it's now 10:30pm) the Apache::CodeRed has responded
> to at least 60 CodeRed probes on my web server, and has also noticed
> repeated probes (and ignored them).
>
>  This apache module does a good job of emailing the offending system once
> every 24 hours. It's worth a look for those that wanna try and help knock
> this thing down. Can be found at http://www.cpan.org, just search for
> Apache::CodeRed
>
> -gf.

I installed Apache::CodeRed a few days ago.  Looks like things have
tapered off.  Anyway, I really like the handling.  The only thing I
would suggest as an addition is the ability to CC
abuse@<whatever.domain> so they can bug those whose mail bounces (like
the many Win2k/cable modem systems that have no associated postmaster
or admin address).  Possibly it does get thru to someone anyway, but
just to be sure . . .

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! And thanks to the Author and
contributors!

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.