Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:04:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      thomas@hentschel.net
To:        xavian@professional3d.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: membership

On  9 Aug, xavian anderson macpherson wrote:
> i am not versed on the mechanics of freebsd; in fact, i barely
> understand the mechanics of the suse linux 6.4 package that i sm
> currently using.  i became aware of the bsd package after seeing one for
> sale (freebsd 'powerpak') in a computer. i read on the box that bsd will
> run linux app's, so i decided to download bsd and try it on my system.
> it will be interesting to see how this works.  if you-someone contacts
> me, i would be surprised and greatly appreciative.
>
> thank you, xavian

Well, your best bet is the freebsd website http://www.freebsd.org and
in particular http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html should be of
help to you. You may also wish to subscribe to the -questions mailing
list (make sure you understand how to do this at
http://www.freebsd.org/support.html#mailing-list ).

Also, your request is off topic for this list, make sure you understand
the charter of each list before posting to it.

Otherwise, welcome on board

-Th