Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 08:14:23 -0700
From:      James Binkley <jrb@cs.pdx.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   another gus question, does mike work?

I've got a gus version 3.7.  the mike does not work.
audio output seems to work fine.  vat works even for recv.

If you have a gus card, is the mike working for you and what version of
the card do you have?

I've got the mixer apps and I can raise the level... but the mike
remains non-functional (unlike my soundblaster
at home).  It would be extremely useful to know if someone
with a 3.7 has a working mike.

By non-working I mean e.g.,
% cat < /dev/dsp > out
doesn't capture anything.  I also know that the mike works elsewhere.

					Jim Binkley
					jrb@cs.pdx.edu