Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2006 09:35:14 -0400
From:      "Lisa Casey" <lisa@jellico.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

Hi,

Unless you can find a way to keep anyone else from sending mail to this =
list,  I don't reccomend doing this.

We tried this several years ago as a way to send an email to all of our =
ISP customers at once and quickly discovered that if one (or more) =
computer on the list had a virus then everyone on the list started =
receiving virus containing email. Now, of course, we stop viruses at the =
server level before they reach the mail boxes but even so, you can see =
how problems can crop up doing a mailing list this way.

There are better ways. Someone mentioned Mailman. Also, do your students =
pop their mail? If so, do you use Qpopper as your POP3 server? If you =
do, you might look at Qpopper's bulletins feature. That is how we solved =
this problem.=20

Lisa Casey
=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20