Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:56:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Lesley L. Leposo" <leposo@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: newbie question regarding SMPng

Thanks for all the responses... I have -current up and running now.

On the same note, Does anyone know what may have happened to
top? It doesn't seem to be correctly reflecting the amount of memory I
have in the system. I expect to see something around 180MB(I have
196MB)... but I see slightly less than half of that. Is this SMPng
related?

Here's an exerpt from top...

39 processes:  1 running, 37 sleeping, 1 zombie
CPU states:  0.8% user,  0.0% nice,  1.2% system,  0.4% interrupt, 97.7%
idle
Mem: 11M Active, 19M Inact, 5664K Wired, 31K Cache, 28M Buf, 9903K Free
Swap: 400M Total, 400M Free

thanks,

Lesley

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, John Baldwin wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:45:43 -0800 (PST)
> From: John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
> To: Lesley L. Leposo <leposo@andrew.cmu.edu>
> Cc: freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: RE: newbie question regarding SMPng
>

> On 25-Feb-01 Lesley L. Leposo wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was hoping to get access to the SMPng kernel source- just to play
> > around with it and familiarize myself with the changes being
> > made. However, I wasn't sure on how to go about doing that.
> >
> > I use cvsup to keep my source tree current. Is there a specific release
> > and/or tag that I could use with cvsup to retrieve the SMPng source?
>
> SMPng is in current right now.  If you have current, you have SMPng.
>
> > thanks,
> >
> > lesley
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> PGP Key: http://www.baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

Lesley L. Leposo					  4634 Filmore Street
email: leposo@andrew.cmu.edu				 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
tel:   412 621 7730
web:   www.andrew.cmu.edu/~leposo